No replies to this topic

#1 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Vernon Banbury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:25 AM

I love Doug Hawkins as a former fantastic player and he seems to be a lovely person but I was incredibly disappointed that he is encouraging Callan Ward to go to Greater Western Sydney. Honestly, he should take Darcy's stand and plead with Ward to stay. I am tired of people today having no loyalty to their club and yet they are congratulated for it. I will not dislike Ward if he goes as I do understand that it is an incredible amount of money but I will not be happy with his decision. I know that I would have respected Ablett Junior more if he stayed at Geelong but it seems everyone in the media keeps congratulating him for going and taking the money. I remember the wonderful buzz we all got when Chris Grant stayed at Footscray when he was offered so much more money to go to Port Adelaide. I know he made the correct decision as he is a Footscray legend. Again, we do not have to dislike the person for leaving but I sure am not going to say they are the doing the right thing and encouraging them. I expected more from Doug Hawkins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users