No replies to this topic

#1 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:05 PM

There was over 78,000 people there- a great atmosphere and a wonderful sight for two teams who hardly ever play in the finals- well put this way St Kilda and Footscray have not been in too many Preliminary Finals down the years, comparded with just about all other Victorian teams. It is an interesting look from above the ground level- three bays of blue then three bays of black mixed in with the red and white which we both wear.

I am critical in that our club clothing is more predominant in blue than in red and white- just look at the club tie it is mainly blue with the red and white hoops. However I will take leave of that argument for St Kilda games- we have to make the blue stand out just as they had to make their black stand out. I know a St Kilda fan who attempts to make his comrades where red when they play the Eastern Magpies- and I always push that agenda of making red the stand out colour against the Northern Blues, North Melbourne and the Country Cats. I would push the 'emphasise the blue' for Sydney games as well as St Kilda, but we never play the Sydney Swans here in Melbourne anyway (accept for the 2008 final) so it doesn't matter. Then there is the 'emphasise the white ' for when the Central Demons are our opponents.

To the volume- that last goal from Reiwoldt- the noise was like a volcano- and similar to a volcano in that it took the air out of me as well (through deflation like a balloon). It was then that I knew it was all over. Anyway I saw and heard it that the 'St Kilda clap clap clap' was just louder then the 'Bulldogs clap clap clap' throughout the night. The initial instant roar from a goal was at the same level for both teams- but the St Kilda clap clap clap was more audible than the 'Bulldogs clap clap clap'. I am sure if we were Footscray again rather than Bulldogs, then the 'Footscray clap clap clap' would have been the equal noise of the 'St Kilda clap clap clap'

Funny how no one ever starts up a Western clap clap clap? Wonder why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users