Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:05 PM

Not long ago- as at 2018 hours I received a sms from-BULLDOGS

It said this-

BULLDOGS:

The hoops are back! We have a new guernsey. View a video of the guernsey here.

Then there was the link which wouldn't open on my mobile for some reason.

Since then the sms messages have been coming in to my mobile- to advise of this- so thanks for that- this is good stuff all round.

Good work to all who pushed for it and to the club for going on with it.

However we can't stop here. It would be like the D Day invasion of June 1944 liberating Calais and then stopping there and turning around and heading back across the English Channel. We have to still march on towards the Eiffel Tower and liberate Paris (ie the Footscray name)

The yawning cat guernsey has finally been out out to pasture.

A real guernsey at long last.

#2 Lisbon

Lisbon

Joe Marmo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

Great news! Our true guernsey at last!
So what now, does the yawning cat get to make a come-back as a heritage jumper? To the dustbin of history with it, I say!

#3 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

COME ON THE HOOPS!!! Nice and simple, as a footy jumper should be!

#4 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

Great news! Our true guernsey at last!
So what now, does the yawning cat get to make a come-back as a heritage jumper? To the dustbin of history with it, I say!

The yawning cat guernsey could still be worn by the little league kids. They are the half time entertainment during the 20 minute half time break where there seems to be 27 different games on the field played by small groups of 9/10/11 year old children. Years ago the little league was one game played on the entire field. It was changed in the last 25 years or whatever so what happens now is that there appears to be around 27 different games out there with the balls often ending up in any other of the 26 games

As the yawning cat guernsey appeals to 'kiddies' then they could wear it as it is geared for those who still believe in the tooth fairy.

As for heritage round , well I suppose it will inevitably trotted out at some point in the future. There really is only two guernseys to now select from outside the yawning cat for a heritage round

So we run with

(1) The 1975-1996 uniform, selecting from its different phases.

From 1975-1978 there was the red shorts in a home fixture, from 1979- 1996 it was blue shorts. The socks were also multi-coloured initially before later being all blue (as in season 1985)

(2) The one year wonder of 1935- which was a pretty involved jumper in design and appearance that only took part in that season.

Heading in the right direction.

#5 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Vernon Banbury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

Great about our jumper, now bring on the name change back to Footscray!

#6 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

Also the yawning cat logo needs to be expunged from the club.

If reverting back to a previous logo then return to -

(1) the shield bulldog -it can be altered slightly (if that is required for the AFL logo rather than the old VFL logo)

(2) the flag in the mouth bulldog with the words FFC- no wbfc on it- Werder Bremen are a German Soccer club.

(3) a suitable combination of both the above

or

(4) a new logo of some sort.

Anyway just get rid of it please!

Thanks for returning the banded jumper Mr Garlick- but please just don't stop there- replace the current logo (well it has been there from 1997 onwards so it is pretty old hat now) and obviously return the Footscray name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users