Conway's Content

There have been 13 items by Conway (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1046 Brad Johnson

Posted by Conway on 25 August 2010 - 11:36 AM in Footscray Football Club

Found the article -

http://www.westernbu...17/default.aspx

#1045 Brad Johnson

Posted by Conway on 25 August 2010 - 11:31 AM in Footscray Football Club

I thought his form had been pretty poor this year and maybe he was ready to retire. But then I read an article in the paper about Rodney Eades thoughts on Akers comments. I can't remember all the stats but Eade said Brad still had some of the highest stats in the club and even the league. I think he was still number one in the club for possesions and very high in the league as well. Someone else may know all the stats.

I always think 'money talks and bullsh*t walks', so if your stats say your still up there and doing better then others in your team then youi deserve your spot!

#1033 Old Aussie Rules T-Shirt

Posted by Conway on 13 August 2010 - 04:28 PM in Discussion

That would be cool! I have fond childhood memories of this shirt. I reckon it would be very cool to have re-made!

#1025 Old Aussie Rules T-Shirt

Posted by Conway on 07 August 2010 - 12:34 PM in Discussion

When I was a kid back in the '80s I used to have a t-shirt that said 'You meet the nicest people playing Aussie Rules'. It was one of those screen printed t-shirts that you got done in the shopping centres, you'd pick out your stencil from the book and have it printed on a plain t-shirt.

If I remember correctly it had a huge 'ogre' type guy in a North Melbourne uniform and he was pushing Carlton players out of the way. Does anyone remember this shirt? I used to love it and wear it all the time as a kid. I'd love to be able to find one again! :P

#1011 Leadership groups

Posted by Conway on 28 July 2010 - 09:41 PM in Footscray Football Club

I agree!

#1010 Aker sacking wrong

Posted by Conway on 28 July 2010 - 05:44 PM in Footscray Football Club

Very well said AJ. I am not going to add anything because you have covered it all and I totally agree. It has left a bad taste in my mouth!

I am on the Bulldogs Facebook group and it has caused a huge issue on there. People are split, some feel like you do, others are 'get over it' 'move on' or 'if don't like it and don't support the club find another one'.

#1007 Bring Aker back

Posted by Conway on 23 July 2010 - 07:28 PM in Footscray Football Club

Poor Aker. I feel bad for him. As a member I think it sucks they got rid of him.

Did anyone watch The Footy Show last night? I stayed up especially to see all the drama! It doesn't come on until 11:30pm here as the lame NRL Footy Show gets the earlier slot. :mellow:

#1004 The name

Posted by Conway on 22 July 2010 - 05:40 PM in Footscray Football Club

Do you think there will be a day when the club reverts back to it's traditional name?

I also noticed the club shop is now stocking Footscray gear. As Roy said, I don't buy or wear any 'Western' gear, apart from my 2007 members cap. It's my favorite hat and super comfy so I make an exception! I recently bought a few Footscray items from the online clubshop that were on sale.

I never would have expected to see the offical club shop stocking Footscray items, so maybe times are changing? Does anyone know if it has ever come up within the club as a serious issue? It would be interesting to see how many members would prefer to revert back. I assume it would be the majority? You'd think if the majority of members wanted to change back they would seriously consider it?

As a member I would be voting to change back!

:mellow:

#1003 Bring Aker back

Posted by Conway on 22 July 2010 - 05:34 PM in Footscray Football Club

Well looks like he won't be back this weekend, or ever! :mellow:

#957 What happened to Peter Street?

Posted by Conway on 24 June 2010 - 12:43 PM in Footscray Football Club

I am more curious as to why he is no longer playing for the Bulldogs? Was he cut due to form? Injury? Too old? I thought he would have had a few good seasons in him yet....

#952 What happened to Peter Street?

Posted by Conway on 22 June 2010 - 09:17 PM in Footscray Football Club

What happened to Peter Street? I thought he was out injured. But hadn't heard much about him for ages, so did a bit of searching and found he was delisted in 2008. He is playing in some minor Victorian League, Geelong Football League I think.

Anyone know why? I thought he was a pretty good ruckman...

#699 What a devasting start to finals

Posted by Conway on 08 September 2009 - 06:54 PM in Footscray Football Club

I am feeling very let down at the moment. I could handle losing to the Country Cats if we put in half a decent performance. I support and love our players but so many went missing. Great players such as Griffen, Harbrow, Hill, Gia, Hahn, Cross and Minson were all extremely disappointing. Only Gilbee, Akermanis, Ward and Lake could hold their heads high. Even Lake did not dominate like he usually does. He did not mark the ball like he usually does. Johnson, Cooney and Murphy can play so much better. The funny part is that we only lost by fourteen points when really we should have been thrashed. Things can only get better in the finals as we can't play any worse.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think Lake's usual influence would have made a huge difference. (BTW, how good has Lake been this year? Easily the 2nd best, if not best Fullback in the game). But the huge amount of missed goals was the killer. How many times did they have a chance to get back in the game in the last quater?. So many straight foward goals were turned into just points.

#692 Membership

Posted by Conway on 05 September 2009 - 04:24 PM in Footscray Football Club

I was rather annoyed at this email. I tried a few times to renew my 2009 membership online. It didn't work. I kept meaning to call up and do it. So the other day I thought I will send an email and try. See below -

"Dear Bulldogs

I tried several times to renew my 2009 membership online. I was unable to do so as the web system didn't seem to work. I have been meaning to call for months now to fix up my membership. As a Queensland Kennel Club member I only really join to support the club and get the membership pack. I was wondering is it still possible to get the 2009 members pack? I would be happy to renew now for 2010 if I can still get the 2009 pack.

Thank you, "

This is the reply I got -

"Hi Conway,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately it is too late to purchase a membership for 2009.

The final cut-off date was the 30th of August and we can no longer accept any more members.

Our 2010 membership will go on sale around mid October.

For any other queries, please call on 1300 GO DOGS (46 36 47)

Kind Regards,"

Now I sent that email a few days after the 'cut off'. You'd think in the midst of the Global Financial Crisis any club would be happy to take your membership money anytime! Now the Bulldogs are down 13.4% on last years members (Depending on what source, I've seen a few different offical tallies) with one of the lowest memberships in the AFL.

Now having been a member for the past several years, who wants to pay for 2 years on the spot, they fob me off with a 2 sentance reply. I heard North Melbourne had players making personal calls to members who hadn't renewed! I am sure Hawthorn didn't get from 41,000 to over 52,000 members with service like that! Pretty sad really.

Is it just me or do you think they could have done better? I'm sure they could have atleast arranged for a 2009 members pack and taken my fees for this year and ask me to renew again on October. But I guess that was too much effort. Makes me wonder why I should bother renewing for 2010.