• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FishCreekBandit

FishCreekBandit

Wally Donald

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:19 PM

Its time to revert back to the classic bulldog jumper, its safe to say that under the current admin we will struggle to get the name changed back but i believe with enough support we can get the classic bulldog back once again

#2 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Vernon Banbury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:12 PM

Its time to revert back to the classic bulldog jumper, its safe to say that under the current admin we will struggle to get the name changed back but i believe with enough support we can get the classic bulldog back once again

I totally agree. The proper classic bulldog is wonderful, not like the robotic looking bulldog we have now. Also, I hate it when we play mainly in white with some red and blue. Our colours are the best in the league by a mile and I hate looking like a second rate Sydney Swans team.

#3 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:42 PM

Well done to you Fish Creek Bandit and the others with you at the coal face fighting for this most noble of causes.

Naturally FNWB supports this idea- the 1997 onwards present guernsey is indeed a flawed one. As FNWB continually argues, we need the red and white bands back and also the 'yawning cat' like image on the guernsey to be terminated immediately. That image is supposedly a bulldog but to me it looks like Top Cat/Garfield/ Felix/ Churchill*/ Fat Cat having a yawn after Garry Hocking has just given it a tin of whiskas.

A new jumper should also have a white V and a red collar- the current jumper is over represented in the blue and under represented in the red and white. The 1974 and before guernsey did not have a white V but it would be good to include this from the 1975 guernsey.

These people that argue that "their kids only know the yawning cat uniform having grown up with it"- well do their kids still believe in the tooth fairy? Do they still believe in elves, fairies and goblins in the bottom of the garden in the back yard? Do their kids still watch Romper Room, Play School and Sesame Street?

It is time to grow up- the yawning cat jumper went on too long- like 14 years too long. The 6 year olds in 1997 have grown up, they are now driving cars, voting in elections, drinking legally and have finished secondary school. So get rid of it now- bring back the pre- 1975 jumper and from there onto the name issue.

* Churchill was the name of the cat that belonged to Mrs Jessup in 'The Sullivans'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users