2 replies to this topic

#1 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:15 AM

If a team is good enough they could wear a clown suit and still win.

However there has to be something said for a team that wears a genuine uniform rather than something that would be appropriate for the little league children at the half time interval. The blokes on Friday night looked bigger, harder, tougher and more menacing. The banded uniform is beautiful.

I have been saying this since 1997- the yawning cat jumper is terrible. It is not suitable or appropriate for grown men to wear on the field in the biggest sporting competition in the country.

Imagine Teddy Whitten wearing the yawning cat jumper? Very hard isn't it?

We have a Footscray End now at the Docklands for HOME games- for one game we have worn a Footscray jumper (though I would prefer a red collar- or better still a white v and a red collar) so Simon Garlick is heading in the right direction.

So keep going Simon- just don't stop there.

#2 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Vernon Banbury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:05 AM

I totally agree. The jumper looks fantastic and we should play in it all the time. Red, white and blue are the most attractive colours together and when we play in our correct jumpers we look like the best team in the AFL. I also hate the white jumper.

#3 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Vernon Banbury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:05 AM

I totally agree. The jumper looks fantastic and we should play in it all the time. Red, white and blue are the most attractive colours together and when we play in our correct jumpers we look like the best team in the AFL. I also hate the white jumper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users