33 replies to this topic

#21 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:19 AM

Flags worked well! Did other FNWB contributers notice them?

Level 3, Bay 18 is the place each week!

I didn't get there that night and have only seen snippets of the action. Would you be able to add the images here for us to have a look at it? Cheers

#22 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:25 AM

I've always had the idea that Footscray should have an International Day where fans are encouraged to bring a Red, White & Blue flag of another country.

I know I've said it on this board before but there's so many to choose from and it would look awesome.

USA, Britain, Holland, Luxembourg, Russia, Chile, Cuba, France, Costa Rica, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, NZ, Cambodia, Croatia, Serbia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Paraguay, Dominican Republic, Iceland, Norway, North Korea, Laos, Philippines, Liberia, Myanmar, Panama.

Think that's all...

Years ago when I was a teenager I had a chart with the flags of countries throughout the world in my bedroom. I recall most so if I see a flag, I would probably know 85% of them- well in particular those that haven't changed (both countries and flags that is)

Anyhow the North Korean flag always stuck on my mind more than most- it appeared like a Footscray guernsey,

#23 PSP18

PSP18

Wally Donald

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

Sadly we have no pics from Friday night but hopefully some will be taken this week.

#24 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:11 PM

I saw them. Nice work folks.

#25 PSP-18

PSP-18

Wally Donald

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:28 PM

Thanks! Hopefully we'll be able to post up some pictures after the next match.

#26 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

That will be brilliant. All power to you fine chaps again

Now to this Friday evening the 30th April 2010, both ours and their colours are similar, but as most 'Western' club attire is predominantly and overwhelmingly blue (which I am not a fan of- I am a card carrying member of the even distribution of the red,white and blue tri-colours :P ), however for this week the predominant blue will help differentiate us from the Southern Saints.

Then the following Friday night- lets be showing heaps of white for the Central Demons fixture.

#27 PSP18

PSP18

Wally Donald

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • 807 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:29 PM

Great stuff there boys.

Wonderful to see the fan in the pre 1975 guernsey waving the blue flag in the first image.

Could I ask where you will all be gathered this Friday evening at the cricket ground?

#29 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:04 AM

Great stuff there boys.

Wonderful to see the fan in the pre 1975 guernsey waving the blue flag in the first image.

Could I ask where you will all be gathered this Friday evening at the cricket ground?

I still be working in Brisbane... oh you don't mean me...

#30 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • 807 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

I wonder if D.McG is up there right now watching the other F ream currently beating Brisbane? That is current of course, Fremantle are leading, maybe Brisbane will catch up and beat them?

#31 PSP18

PSP18

Wally Donald

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

Great stuff there boys.

The flags weren't in use last night. I had work all day and went straight from there to the pub. Besides, I like standing at the Southern Stand end at the MCG and flags there would be pretty useless!

#32 Dangerous

Dangerous

Wally Donald

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:13 AM

Posted Image

I took a photo of that at the collingwood game.... Awesome mate! Brilliant.

I have just moved to Melbs having followed Dogs all my life - we need more fans like that. We seem pretty quiet - which makes me stand out like a sore thumb.

CARN FOOTSCRAY!

#33 SonOfScray

SonOfScray

Arthur 'Nance' Williams

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Going to bump this thread.

The game V Demons to wrap up the season when there was some biffo at half time. The chant that went up, it was stirring stuff. Sounds stupid but even a few weeks later I get tingles thinking about it, emotional moment. First time in years we've had that many Scraggers get around the team en masse. Maybe since Libba's last game.

#34 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

What was the chant Son of Scray?

The last big chant from 'Western' fans at the Docklands was the one which referred to the occupation of TV journalist Elise Mooney's father in- law, he was a 'Merchant Banker' I believe? The Western fans mentioning how the then President of the Northern Blues was a merchant banker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users