1 reply to this topic

#1 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Vernon Banbury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:11 AM

I watched the Footy show tonight. Sam Newman was talking about Footscray and then went on to wonder why we changed our name. Of course, he pulled out the usual old footage of strange people who had been interviewed for street talk and commemted on how could this be the new Boom Town. Despite his sarcasm and nasty coments, he still claimed he loved Footscray and I truly believe that in a strange way he does have a soft spot for Footscray.

Which begs the question yet again, why did we lose our identity and change our name ? Western means nothing while Footscray is now becoming the most trendy area in Victoria while not losing it's soul. People must also remember that the people interviewed for street talk are always going to be either rough, eccentric, rude or funny. That goes for everyone on street talk. It would be boring if Sam picked out only your average person. The producers of the show want people who are definately not your average everyday person.

I love Footscray and I am not ashamed of Footscray and hope more people feel the same and want to restore our great football club to it's true name.

#2 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:09 PM

I watched the Footy show tonight. Sam Newman was talking about Footscray and then went on to wonder why we changed our name. Of course, he pulled out the usual old footage of strange people who had been interviewed for street talk and commemted on how could this be the new Boom Town. Despite his sarcasm and nasty coments, he still claimed he loved Footscray and I truly believe that in a strange way he does have a soft spot for Footscray.

Which begs the question yet again, why did we lose our identity and change our name ? Western means nothing while Footscray is now becoming the most trendy area in Victoria while not losing it's soul. People must also remember that the people interviewed for street talk are always going to be either rough, eccentric, rude or funny. That goes for everyone on street talk. It would be boring if Sam picked out only your average person. The producers of the show want people who are definately not your average everyday person.

I love Footscray and I am not ashamed of Footscray and hope more people feel the same and want to restore our great football club to it's true name.

I saw that scene but from a distance- so I couldn't catch the audio, the volume was low and I wasn't close enough to hear it.

The fundamental point from his visits to the Footscray Mall- is how many of the 'intellectually ungifted' that appear on television from the Footscray Mall- are in fact bona fide Footscray supporters? Probably 90% of those "unfortunates' don't barrack for the dogs- yet the Footscray Football Club cops the back spray for that footage. It is not a true reflection of Footscray supporters and the Footscray Football Club.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users