No replies to this topic

#1 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Vernon Banbury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:15 AM

I know this is old news but I was really sad to see Harbrow go to the AFL's pet project Gold Coast. He was just becoming a fantastic player for us and all of our work has been dashed. I do not blame him as he is from Queensland originally and he has never canned us but he will miss him. The AFL's pushing of Gold Coast is stupid. Tasmania is an AFL state and has no teams and NSW and QLD have two teams each and hardly care about AFL. I have a close friend who lives in QLD and she told me that apart from ex-Victorians such as herself, the QLD people only really care about rugby. That is OK but why do we insist on turning them into AFL addicts when they only follow Brisbane Lions when they are winning? As for NSW, they see AFL as being aerial ping-pong and only AFL fans follow the sydney teams. Tasmania is being punished for already loving AFL. Perhaps they could turn their back on AFL, start following rugby and then watch the AFL crawl to them to win them back. But they won't do that because they love Aussie Rules too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users