2 replies to this topic

#1 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

Back in 2010 some ultra enthusiastic fans from the club (actually two of them became Life Members in the last intake) helped produce a book called -The Bulldog Heritage. Our Brownlow Medalist from 1960 John Schultz was a leading force driving the creation of this publication and in a few weeks from now the second edition will be on the shelves. 

I understand that it should be ready for Fathers Day. There are interviews with former players from the past and relatives/descendants of Footscray footballers from the "golden olden days" as in before the double event of 1924.

The title of the book is something I question because some of the players discussed e.g  Dave De Coite, Joe Marmo and Arthur "Nance ' Williams played for Footscray before 'bulldogs' was ever the nickname, so The Bulldog Heritage is incorrect for these heroes from the Footscray Football Club's glory years. However I am not going to argue the merits of that here in this instance, so please buy this book, don't borrow it off your mate after he/she has read it- buy it yourself so that a 3rd edition will be able to come out in the not too distant future.   

#2 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Vernon Banbury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

When is it coming out Caveman ?  I have not heard any publicity about this whatsoever. 

#3 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

It came out today & I have just been in and bought it from the club shop. Will have a good read of it tonight- Ambrose Palmer, Merv Hobbs & Mitch's old man are some of the images on the front cover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users