• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 langers1971

langers1971

Wally Donald

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:47 AM

i am wondering if anyone on here can help me at all, i am looking for 3 particular old vfl footy records, i have tried all the dealers, carnegie collectables, abracardabra roycroft, camberwell antiques, gardenvale collectables, chapel st bazaar, melbourne sports books, ebay, the afl, the clubs themselves, but to no avail.

the records i need are:

1962 july 14 footscray v hawthorn
1965 aug 21 footscray v hawthorn
1984 night series quarter final june 19 hawthorn v footscray.

any help would be very much appreciated.

thank you

#2 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:55 PM

I am afraid that I don't have these Footy records.

Is there anyone else who could help langers1971 here with his search?

#3 Lisbon

Lisbon

Joe Marmo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:31 AM

Old Footy Records sometimes pop up on e-bay, even Records from the 40's and 50's. Maybe seeing what's available there every now and then would help.

#4 Rodc

Rodc

Arthur 'Nance' Williams

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:50 PM

Just browsing through some of the old posts and just thought I would ask out of interest how your collecting is going and did you have much luck with tracking down those old records and likewise footage of the round 13 1982 Footscray v Hawthorn game?  Sincerely hope you did.    

#5 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:14 PM

Just on another topic- Footscray beat Hawthorn twice in 1962. This did not occur again (2 wins in the same season over Hawthorn) until 1995. 

Hawthorn have had the wood over many teams- they didn't lose to St Kilda during the 1980's, the saints beat them in Round 1 1979 and then not again until 1990. Hawthorn also had a long winning streak over Richmond, North Melbourne, Melbourne and the Sydney Swans in the 1980's- the Melbourne one ran from 1973 to 1994

.Recently they are back to dominating Melbourne and now Carlton have been added to that list. They have never had a long consecutive winning streak over Footscray- though the above mentioned record from 1962-1995 is still pretty impressive for them and not for us. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users