4 replies to this topic

#1 Lisbon

Lisbon

Joe Marmo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:52 AM

I'm watching the Germany v Australia game and I have to say that the Australians are getting screwed by the ref, just like they were against Italy back in 2006, in that poorly-executed-and-obvious-dive-is-turned-into-a-penalty-by-inept-ref match.

First, the ref failed to award a penalty to Australia, after a German player handled the ball in the penalty area. Some would say that it was unintentional, but the truth is that he "spread his wings" as he jumped and when that happens, and the ball hits the arm, then that's a penalty as far as I'm concerned, because you're deliberately putting your hands in one of the possible paths of the ball.

Then Cahill was sent-off for nothing more than not being able to control his slide and bumping into an opponent.

The Germans are very good, they don't need this kind of help to get a result. RIDICULOUS.

#2 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:54 AM

We don't need the ref to screw us, our manager and defenders can do that for us.

#3 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

We don't need the ref to screw us, our manager and defenders can do that for us.

I think Harry will have to play in the next game. There is no point in taking him if he doesn't get on the park.

The Scotsman Tommy Docherty was a famous and much quoted manager in England during the 1960's, 1970's and part of the 1980's. He is the only bloke ever to get the sack after winning the F.A. Cup. This was in 1977, he did what Wayne Carey did 24 years before Carey followed his lead.

Anyway 'The Doc' when asked about how Scotland would go at one of the World Cup Final tournaments that they regularly qualified for in the 1974-1990 period offered this -

"They will be home before the postcards"

Sadly that scenario may apply to us this World Cup in South Africa

#4 Lisbon

Lisbon

Joe Marmo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:41 AM

True, Germany were deserving winners and the best team by far. Yet it never fails to annoy me when these "marginal" decisions always favour the big teams (or the host team). Makes me doubt wether the World Cup is really fair.

But hey, at least the the French are nearly out. Arriba México!

#5 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

True, Germany were deserving winners and the best team by far. Yet it never fails to annoy me when these "marginal" decisions always favour the big teams (or the host team). Makes me doubt wether the World Cup is really fair.

But hey, at least the the French are nearly out. Arriba México!

Karma for the Thierry H handball against Ireland.

Funny how both the 2006 finalists didn't reach the second round?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users