3 replies to this topic

#1 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:28 PM

Apart from the whole obvious Scott Thompson is a prick kerfuffle.

I was really disappointed in the amount of North fans who REALLY missed the point of the controversy last week and were Aka 'gay' without a hint of irony.

Are they the dumbest fans in the AFL?

Of course not, Richmond are too far ahead in that category.

#2 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

Greg Baum wrote a very good article in todays -AGE newspaper about this subject.

#3 Fossie 32

Fossie 32

Wally Donald

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:32 PM

I don't want to go on about it 'but'....... how about that Daniel Pratt? Whoo boy what a jerk! He was worse than Thompson for mine. And Firrito.

#4 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

When North Melbourne won the 1977 Premiership, they did it by playing 27 games throughout the year.

There was the 22 home and away rounds, then the Qualifying Final that they lost to Hawthorn at the MCG to make it 23. Following that was the First Semi Final at Waverley where they defeated Richmond- (24 games). They turned the tables on Hawthorn in the Preliminary Final again at Waverley (25) and from there to the Grand Final. They drew that with Collingwood (26) before defeating Collingwood in the Grand Final replay(27)

One player (yes just the one) took part in all 27 games for North Melbourne that season and he is the bloke that sent North Melbourne an email complaining about their tactics against Barry Hall last Saturday.

He is John Cassin and this is also mentioned in todays AGE Newspaper.

If ever a bloke could genuinely feel worn out after a season- then John Cassin certainly has the right to, after his efforts in 1977. Twenty two games then 5 consecutive finals, all on the Saturday afternoon

He knows what he is on about- does John Cassin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users