Elsternwick Pierre's Content

There have been 3 items by Elsternwick Pierre (Search limited from 25-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1716 Premiership

Posted by Elsternwick Pierre on 09 October 2016 - 09:01 AM in Footscray Football Club

Now we need to win three or four on end, so we'll stop being everyone's second favorite team.  I've always found that rather patronizing.

#1711 Premiership

Posted by Elsternwick Pierre on 01 October 2016 - 09:43 PM in Footscray Football Club

At the moment I don't care what we're called.  Of course, in a week or so I'll wish that it was Footscray who were premiers.

#1691 Kardinia Park for Footscray in years that end in a 5

Posted by Elsternwick Pierre on 12 July 2016 - 03:51 PM in Footscray Football Club

I have a good friend who lived in Geelong (he was a Geelong supporter - he's gone elsewhere these days) and each time Footscray and Geelong played at Geelong I would go down there for a fine weekend of eating and drinking good wine.  We also went to the game of course.  In all my years of doing that I didn't once see the Doggies win.  There were two or three times when he called during the week before and say he couldn't make it for some reason.  Every one of those times Footscray won - it's if he had a sixth sense about these things.  Oh well.