Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:01 PM

The club shop at the Whitten Oval

417 Barkly Street
Footscray West 3012

has a wider variety of 'FOOTSCRAY' gear amongst its stock. I have bought a few items from them in the last 3 months.

On the down side is that they sell no 'FOOTSCRAY' coats, or overcoats. There are Footscray t-shirts and hoodies( I bought both) but I just wish they had a coat that you can wear to the footy and everywhere else. Hopefully this may be included in next season's stock.

The official website mentions displays some of the merchandise- however unless I have missed it they have not mentioned the fair dinkum Footscray guernsey- the pre 1975 jumper. This guernsey- can be bought from the Whitten Oval Club shop (well you could buy it 3 weeks ago when I was last there- I assume that hasn't changed)

Another business in Williamstown Road, Yarraville also sells the pre 1975 Footscray jumper- there is certainly a price differentiation between the factory outlet in Williamstown Road and the football club. Anyhow you can choose where you get that guernsey from- so whatever you pay- be it at the club or in Yarraville- it can be obtained. So please buy it- you won't be disappointed- the best jumper of them all- the mighty fair dinkum FOOTSCRAY Guernsey. Buy it- wear it- walk around Melbourne and elsewhere with it on- you will so much better sporting that than the namby pamby yawning cat jumper.

#2 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:28 AM

Yeah I've bought a Footscray mug and a cap from there.

Caveman - I saw a dufflecoat with Footscray FC on the side at the AFL shop in Knox. Think it was $100 marked down from $150. Worth a long drive?

#3 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:31 AM

Yeah I've bought a Footscray mug and a cap from there.

Caveman - I saw a dufflecoat with Footscray FC on the side at the AFL shop in Knox. Think it was $100 marked down from $150. Worth a long drive?

Yes for sure- duffle coats it is about time they came back into fashion- 25 years ago they were fading out for some unknown reason and they are still to rise again. Strange that-

#4 Lisbon

Lisbon

Joe Marmo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:55 AM

Do they have long-sleeved traditional jumpers? I have a sleeveless 2004 heritage jumper, found it on ebay, but I never found a long-sleeved one.

#5 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

Unfortunately no- all the pre-1975 Footscray guernseys are of the short sleeve type.

I haven't seen the 1975-1996 jumper there though in the club shop, in particular the red collar and white vintage of the 1970's up to the mid 1980's which is also quite disappointing as this would also sell in big numbers.

I haven't been down to the factory outlet in Williamstown Road, Yarraville for quite some time, so I can't give a definitive answer as to whether there are full sleeved pre 1975 Footscray guernseys in stock. I will offer a guess and say I reckon on a percentage basis, they probably would have long sleeved jumpers there. I will endeavour to visit it soon and find out for sure.

With the pre-1975 jumpers at the Bulldogs Club Shop at the Whitten Oval, there is an introduction which goes for a few lines on each and every one of that particular jumper tag. It explains about the Bulldogs coming into effect in 1928 and how Western Bulldogs replaced "Footscray" in 1997. The Footscray word is written with the inverted commas "Footscray" on this tag. Somewhat funny that, it is like they are saying the Footscray name in a derisory manner. Anyhow when buying that jumper- just throw away that tag (as you would anyway- except this time for the party political combined with the excess rubbish of clothing tags)

#6 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

Do they have long-sleeved traditional jumpers? I have a sleeveless 2004 heritage jumper, found it on ebay, but I never found a long-sleeved one.

Ok- the club shop doesn't have long sleeved Footscray jumpers- that is the pre 1975 guernsey. So short sleeved ones yes at the Whitten Oval- but no long sleeved ones.

The factory outlet in Williamstown Road Yarraville- doesn't have them either -but they can make one for you.

However it needs to be mentioned that the factory outlet are moving to another site in the Western Suburbs very soon.

#7 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

Ok- the club shop doesn't have long sleeved Footscray jumpers- that is the pre 1975 guernsey. So short sleeved ones yes at the Whitten Oval- but no long sleeved ones.

The factory outlet in Williamstown Road Yarraville- doesn't have them either -but they can make one for you.

However it needs to be mentioned that the factory outlet are moving to another site in the Western Suburbs very soon.

UPDATE:

They (the club shop) have increased their Footscray material considerably. So please encourage others to buy their gear from the officail club shop at 417 Barkly Street.

If you can't make it there during the day time- ring, fax them, email whatever- this is the place to go.

I love the plaid military cap- will have to get one of them soon.

#8 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:14 PM

UPDATE:

They (the club shop) have increased their Footscray material considerably. So please encourage others to buy their gear from the officail club shop at 417 Barkly Street.

If you can't make it there during the day time- ring, fax them, email whatever- this is the place to go.

I love the plaid military cap- will have to get one of them soon.

Popped in yesterday and bought a FOOTSCRAY t shirt for $20. They only had extra small but that fit me, and I'm 187cm and 93kg!

There was some good stuff. Also bought a 1997 highlights dvd for $10.

#9 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • 807 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

Popped in yesterday and bought a FOOTSCRAY t shirt for $20. They only had extra small but that fit me, and I'm 187cm and 93kg!

There was some good stuff. Also bought a 1997 highlights dvd for $10.

I have that 1997 season review but only as a video- haven't had it converted at this point.

The t-shirts look quite alright- I like the t-shirt that has the different logos down through the years, I would buy that except for the last one on it.

I just refuse to have anything to do with the 'yawning cat'

Maybe if someone released that particular design on a shirt/t-shirt etc, but with with the red line through the yawning cat logo- then I would buy it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users