3 replies to this topic

#1 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

She's written a nice article about coming to Australia and choosing her team...

This paragraph got me angry. [Not at her]

I didn’t immediately decide on the Saints then and there though. I spent a bit of time examining the different teams and their merits. Being in Melbourne, I eliminated all the interstate teams based on their distance from Wilson. Included in this were the Western Bulldogs: I realised too late that I was working on the assumption that the ‘West’ in Western Bulldogs indicated the same amount of west-ness that appears in the West Coast Eagles, so I had the Doggies located in Perth.

ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION SMORGAN???? HOW MUCH MORE EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED??? GTF YOU CORPORATE !@#$%

#2 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:09 AM

But DMcG - surely you realise that Western is more marketable than Footscray as a brand? :idea: :wink:

Western is the better form of dishwashing liquid or fly spray than Footscray could ever be. :lol: :lol: :lol:

David Smorgon has been believing that and saying it since October 1996! :? :shock: :?

So if Smorgon says so it must be right then?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#3 Doug Hawkins

Doug Hawkins

Wally Donald

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

i have never lived in melbs but followed doggies since i was a kid - Doug Hawkins, Libba, Wynd, Foster, Delre were around. A family member has moved into a suburb near footscray and upon my first visit to the area I saw a lot of red, white and blue and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up before realizing i was not in footscray and had to admit perhaps Smorgs.....

Please note that I have not given up on seeing the boys in the 1954 guernsey for every home game... Am i welcome back for the occassional post?

#4 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:37 PM

Yes of course you are welcome- you have never been NOT welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users