2 replies to this topic

#1 Selhurst Saint

Selhurst Saint

Wally Donald

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

Good afternoon Bullies,

My grandfather played 7 games for Footscray in the 1926 season (He was actually the 50th player to ever pull on the boots for the dogs in what looks like a rather undistinguished career).

Does anyone know where I could possibly find a team photo from 1926?

Is there a club historian I can contact?

Thanks in advance.

#2 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

If anyone can our fearless fnwb leader Caveman can!

[He's a bit amazing/scary with what he can find...]

#3 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

Hopefully there may be a team photo out there of the 1926 Footscray squad. If located we will certainly let you know there Selhurst Saint. Obviously a Crystal Palace supporter there is Selhurst Saint.

(For those wondering what I am on about- Selhurst Park is the home ground in England of the South London soccer team- Crystal Palace).

A friend of mine has a mate who emigrated from England in circa late 1990's who was (well still is I would imagine?) a Crystal Palace fan. He went to that Liverpool 3 Crystal Palace 4: F.A.Cup Semi Final at Villa Park in 1990. Don't know whether he went to the actual F.A.Cup Final or that 1990 replay- probably made the replay with the tickets being more accessible for a replay than the initial final?

Anyhow when he came to Melbourne to live- he was told that he had to follow St Kilda here in Melbourne because this Londoner's actual given and surname is the same name as one of St Kilda Football Club's greatest players - a real stalwart for the Saints this bloke -he played in the 1997 Grand Final.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users