1 reply to this topic

#1 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Vernon Banbury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:51 AM

I am feeling very let down at the moment. I could handle losing to the Country Cats if we put in half a decent performance. I support and love our players but so many went missing. Great players such as Griffen, Harbrow, Hill, Gia, Hahn, Cross and Minson were all extremely disappointing. Only Gilbee, Akermanis, Ward and Lake could hold their heads high. Even Lake did not dominate like he usually does. He did not mark the ball like he usually does. Johnson, Cooney and Murphy can play so much better. The funny part is that we only lost by fourteen points when really we should have been thrashed. Things can only get better in the finals as we can't play any worse.

#2 Conway

Conway

Arthur 'Nance' Williams

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:54 PM

I am feeling very let down at the moment. I could handle losing to the Country Cats if we put in half a decent performance. I support and love our players but so many went missing. Great players such as Griffen, Harbrow, Hill, Gia, Hahn, Cross and Minson were all extremely disappointing. Only Gilbee, Akermanis, Ward and Lake could hold their heads high. Even Lake did not dominate like he usually does. He did not mark the ball like he usually does. Johnson, Cooney and Murphy can play so much better. The funny part is that we only lost by fourteen points when really we should have been thrashed. Things can only get better in the finals as we can't play any worse.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think Lake's usual influence would have made a huge difference. (BTW, how good has Lake been this year? Easily the 2nd best, if not best Fullback in the game). But the huge amount of missed goals was the killer. How many times did they have a chance to get back in the game in the last quater?. So many straight foward goals were turned into just points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users