4 replies to this topic

#1 Conway

Conway

Arthur 'Nance' Williams

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

G'day all

I still had not received my membership items after months of waiting so I emailed the club. They said they were waiting on some items that had just arrived and would sent it straight out to me.

I got the parcel last week, all it had was the 2008 members scarf and the members keyring with a lanyard and some stickers. Is this all other members got? I am sure last years contained heaps more goodies. I really wanted the members cap which is my favorite item!

Thanks,

Conway

#2 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:39 AM

How strange. I received mine months ago. However there only extra goodie I got was the cap, and I don't remember last year's being that much bigger except you got a tin that the stickers came in. If you want mate I don't wear my hat I can give you mine no worries. PM me and we'll sort out delivery.

#3 Conway

Conway

Arthur 'Nance' Williams

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

Thanks DMcG, that is very generous of you!

You are right, the only extra items was the nice metal tin. I'd guess they gave me the scarf instead of the cap. They must have run out. Although I don't know how. I just read an article saying the club was well under the expected membership numbers. You'd think they would have had extras.

It's funny how David Smorgon 'slams fans' for not joining when they can't even send out membership items! I am sure if I didn't question it I would have never got anything. I don't want to sound like a whinger, but as an interstate member I only join to support the club and get the cap! Maybe someone should tell David if they want members, they should look after the ones they have first!

We must have the lowest membership of any club this year? The article says North and Melbourne were over 30 000 this year. I doubt anyone else had lower then that? Pretty sad.

http://wwos.ninemsn.....aspx?id=619452

#4 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:00 PM

Some fans wonder why North Melbourne ended up with 34,000 members after the aproximately 12,000 less 23,000 members of a season ago?

David Smorgon would probably encourage people to believe North's magnificent membership increase has nothing whatsover to do with them reverting from 'Kangaroos' back to North Melbourne.

Frightening part is that some people will fall for that logic.

#5 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:41 PM

Caveman, you know I think you are a genius and should be Prime Minister, but I reckon North Melbourne increase in membership has more to do with the club almost moving to the Gold Coast than the name.

Name is a factor, but almost losing your club to Queensland is a bigger one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users