2 replies to this topic

#1 Lisbon

Lisbon

Joe Marmo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:52 AM

It's about time we played in a Preliminary Final, which would be our first in the 21st century. And all we have to do to get there is to beat the Hawks, like we already did this season. Bring them on! I hope all the players and coaching staff realise the importance of Friday's game and give Hawthorn no chance. Footscray's form dipped in the final stages of the home and away games, but they must able to put all of that behind them and WIN!

#2 Elsternwick Pierre

Elsternwick Pierre

Arthur 'Nance' Williams

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

Ah yes, Lisbon, I'd like to see that.
I don't want to put a dampener on this but it was the Hawks who scuttled us in 1961. I was there, still at school, ready to celebrate our second premiership (well, VFL premiership - I like your reasoning about premierships, Caveman). Alas not to be.
I've been dubious about Hawthorn since then (and Adelaide since we were robbed in 1997).
But, in spite of the above, I'm ever optimistic and the flag is only three wins away.
Are you coming over for the Grand Final against Geelong?

#3 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:57 PM

Yes three finals against Hawthorn- that 1961 Grand Final and the two in 1985. Well I was there for the latter two, so combine that with the 1961 Grand Final and yes we definitely owe them one.

We have the players to knock over the Eastern Hawks- they play a 'ring a ring a rosy' game (as does the Central Demons- but the Eastern Hawks do it better) yet with our long kicking and PINPOINT target hitters ie Gilbee, Hahn, Akermanis and Murphy we could quite easily find them out.

Two games on the MCG this season for two victories- and thrashings at that.

It is the end of the phoney war that had been going on for the last few weeks.

Friday night at the Cricket Ground hopefully 80,000 there. Should be a pearler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users