2 replies to this topic

#1 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Vernon Banbury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:34 AM

Our players were dreadful in the first half on the weekend against North Melbourne. You could tell that we were feeling safe knowing that we were in the top four and North were desperate to get into the top four. Please, could all of our players play with the same commitment and desperation that we did earlier in the year. I was glad we picked up in the second half but unfortunaely the damage had already been done. I wish Cooney, Griffen, Akermanis and Boyd would play four quarters as they are all great players but seemd to only try hard in the second half.

#2 Lisbon

Lisbon

Joe Marmo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:48 PM

And they chose to sleep in the second half against Brisbane... They seemed like the Portuguese national soccer team at one point- they had possession but didn't score. I hope the wheels are not about to fall off...

#3 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

Yes having a bit of a Rip Van Winkle- hopefully we will awake for the Eastern Hawks final.

However we can quite easily beat the Eastern Hawks as I see it. They play a ring a ring a rosy game, with heaps of handball- we can exploit this. Our long kicking players ie Murphy, Hahn, Griffin, Gilbee and Akermamis can be the heavy artillery (by foot) that gets the Eastern Hawks blokes out of position, they tend to finesse with the ball, too much at times. By quickly moving the ball through long precision kicking, this can confuse and unsettle them.

They are definitely beatable the Eastern Hawks

The Country Cats though- well that is different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users