StatsFanatic's Content

There have been 7 items by StatsFanatic (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#781 New Footscray Football Club publication soon for release

Posted by StatsFanatic on 10 April 2010 - 01:37 AM in Footscray Football Club

I already have a copy of 'The History of the Footscray Football Club - Unleashed', it'd be great to get a more recent and updated history of the Bulldogs Heritage, if you can still call it that.

#786 Changing the Footscray Guernsey

Posted by StatsFanatic on 10 April 2010 - 02:02 AM in Footscray Football Club

The Dutch "clash" strip.....

Posted Image

I didn't realise it but that's where I might have got the inspiration from.

Probably, but it still looks quite good as you/I set it out.

#777 Changing the Footscray Guernsey

Posted by StatsFanatic on 10 April 2010 - 12:25 AM in Footscray Football Club

As far as away jumpers go I'm a massive fan of the current away one - aside from the 'yawning cat' it is smart, neat and does it job as a 'clash' jumper away to teams such as Melbourne and Carlton. Fashionably, it's not horrible for supporters to wear (I own one, but not a home jumper). Hopefully this will be retained.

The back of the jumper you came up with (the last one pictured) looks like a bikini bottom!

What do people think of clash uniforms in general? Traditionalists (most of us on this website) might point out that we didn't use them for 100 years but I don't mind them so long as they look neat. I prefer Collingwood's away jumper (worn tonight) to their home one although a lot of clubs' away uniforms are rubbish.

A website you might enjoy - http://www.footyjumpers.com/

I can see where your coming from, I mean the first three, I 'created' in Photoshop, and I would love to see the Bulldogs wearing it.

As for the 'bikini back bottom', I posted that jumper on another forum, and had that pointed out :lol: maybe it'd be better as an all blue back or as a straight white line at both ends of the red on the back.

With this website being of traditionalists, I could see why you would prefer Collingwood's away jumper over the current home, since the mainly white was originally the home.

And yes I'm aware of Mero's Footy Jumper site and it's an awesome site which I've checked a lot :(

I own the 96 away jumper, but it is horrid. The yawning cat andf that diamond shape are some nasty. dated concepts made up by guys with pinytails in Hawaiian shirts.

First half of the post says it all really. Would love to see us go the old tri colour strip, with white and red alternatives. Maybe a redesign of this jumper in the future:
Posted Image

I've seen an image of the '96 away in 'The History of the Footscray Football Club - Unleashed', and I can see how it would of been horrid, I mean in the image I noticed none of the jumpers exactly matched as the diamond shape was different on just about every guernsey. This would of probably been due to the fact it would of been hard to replicate as they were woollen jumpers at that stage. But seeing how we are at the age of printed guernseys now, it might look neater. And I'm not asking for every away game to have this 'diamond design' but a select few of only 2 or 3.

Son Of Scray - that is Class with a capital C!

That away jumper would be magnificent.

Alternatively, how about plain white with a red and blue sash (about the width of Essendon's). This, coupled with white short and white socks (with a red and blue stripe halfway up the socks), would look great.

Shame my graphic design skills are poor... I'll leave the image for someone else or your imagination.

I reckon I could have a go at designing what you're just explained there, I can see that pretty clear in my head right now.

#773 Changing the Footscray Guernsey

Posted by StatsFanatic on 09 April 2010 - 09:08 PM in Footscray Football Club

I realise Caveman is all for changing the jumper back the something like this:

Posted Image

for a home jumper, and probably something like this -
Posted Image

or this

Posted Image

for the clash jumper.

But I quite liked the 95-96 away jumper;

Posted Image

and I won't mind seeing it come back to the field, but looking something like this -

Posted Image

What would people think if the Bulldogs was to come out in the above jumper? Not as the actual home, but maybe the occasional non-clashing away game.

#779 Changing the Footscray Guernsey

Posted by StatsFanatic on 10 April 2010 - 01:21 AM in Footscray Football Club

Son Of Scray - that is Class with a capital C!

That away jumper would be magnificent.

Alternatively, how about plain white with a red and blue sash (about the width of Essendon's). This, coupled with white short and white socks (with a red and blue stripe halfway up the socks), would look great.

Shame my graphic design skills are poor... I'll leave the image for someone else or your imagination.

So something like this?

Posted Image

#784 Changing the Footscray Guernsey

Posted by StatsFanatic on 10 April 2010 - 01:52 AM in Footscray Football Club

That's exactly what I've been thinking of!!

I reckon it'd look class.

Yea, and it kinda brings back the early year back in the VFA when Footscray had a few sashed designs...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#780 Before the game- you are told you can take a 72 point win if you like?

Posted by StatsFanatic on 10 April 2010 - 01:33 AM in Footscray Football Club

I was actually kinda disappointed with Tigers kicking that late goal as:
1) Without it Bulldogs would of kept them scoreless for that final quarter,
and
2) Despite it being early in the season, that last goal pushed us from a possible 8th at the end of the round, down to 10th.