2 replies to this topic

#1 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Vernon Banbury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:01 AM

Tasmania must be given the 18th AFL licence. Their great turn-out to congratulate Hawthorn proved how much they need their own team. I can't believe the arrogance of Jeff Kennett telling Tasmania to forget about their own team and just support Hawthorn. It is pure discrimination that Tasmanina does not have their own team when every other state does.

#2 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:26 AM

where do you base it out of? I'm opposed to the team being called "Tasmania" as it then doesn't differentiate between the club and the state team.

But if it's a Hobart team, then I doubt Launceston folk will get behind it, and vice-versa. I have mates from Burney who say they couldn't support Hobart or Devonport etc.

It's a conundrum that I have no answer for.

Right now I'd settle for a team from Footscray in the AFL.

#3 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

I would give them (Tasmania) two teams- one from Hobart the other from the north of Tasmania.

With the extra teams we would have to have two divisions- that would be better than one competition of twenty teams or whatever. Both teams would start off in the 2nd division and from there they could find their feet in the brave new world of a fair dinkum all encompassing AFL with the other new kids on the block.

However as you say D.McG they shouldn't be called Tasmania- need to work out another name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users