3 replies to this topic

#1 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

With all the media saying Rodney Eade may not last the season; I wonder if there is any logical replacement?

For the record, I don't think we should sack him, but for the life of me cannot think of anyone else who could do the job.

#2 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

That is a hard one as who would you throw in if he gets the bullet? Lethal Leigh may not be wanting to head back into coaching, David Parkin I imagine would be the same- he has been out for over 10 years too, a bit too long.

Rocket hasn't got the 'Dreaded Vote Of Confidence' from the board YET, however once he does then we can throw up all sorts of names.

There are quite a few current coaches who must be looking over their shoulder. Put this way I think Hardwick, Hird, Scott (the Chris one) would be pretty certain of being there next season. I don't believe any others are 'absolute certainties' Longmire would probably be safe as would Clarkson and Harvey- though it depends on how the season ends for them (as it would for all the others)

Malthouse might be free- to come over here as their situation at the Eastern Magpies is a weird one. Don't know how that will play out as the year progresses. Can anyone see him staying there in a lesser role, especially if they win the flag again?

Sould Rocket get the lemonade and sars during the season, will that fix the problem(s) at the club? Will they all the sudden start playing under a new bloke? Mark Williams leaving Port, hasn't seen them make a resurgence- the honeymoon period has ended for Matthew Primus.

Sunday 29th May will reveal alot. It is at the Docklands so weather conditions will not figure in the equation. Another belting will obviously increase pressure on Rocket and also a few others. The following week is Geelong at GEELONG. Worrying two weeks. The Port Adelaide clash can't come quick enough? Then again would we be certainties in that?

#3 Lisbon

Lisbon

Joe Marmo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:17 AM

I think Eade's earned the right to a second chance, from a statistical point of view he's been our most successful coach since way back.

Funny to learn how the "vote of confidence" actually means "start cleaning up your desk" in the AFL too, some things never change, whatever the sport or the hemisphere.

#4 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

If Reade does part company with the club- well there is Neil Craig and Dean Bailey available.

The way things are going at the Cricket Ground now, you may nearly be able to add Matthew Primus to that list!

Lethal Matthews has just ruled himself out of coaching again on the radio.

Matthew Knights maybe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users