2 replies to this topic

#1 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

This link below is completely recommended.Everyone should type that link into your tool bar and from there you can see all Footscray jumpers. http://www.bomberbli...ootscrayall.htm

You can go through the whole site and look at other ones as well- St Kilda added their shield in 1933, Fitzroy were regularly making alterations to their guernsey throughout history. South Melbourne- had a sash like Essendon and Richmond. Mero has had this site (his footyjumpers site) for a few years now- but this new appearance makes it easier to go through it quicker.

I thoroughly enjoy this website and always find it hard to understand people who have no interest in this sort of thing

#2 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

I reckon we should bring back the 1886, true tri-colour!

#3 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

1886 is a ripper. The three colours all distributed evenly.

Yet as everyone on here would know- I am a 100% supporter of bringing back the guernsey last worn in 1974. What else I like about that jumper, was what went with that era - the multi-coloured socks.

The all blue socks that arrived in the 1980's was a change that I never liked, though it wasn't something none of us at the time got overly fired up about. Maybe we should have- just to prevent further change. As we didn't- further change was to occur.

From the old guernseys- I took a liking to those with the V.

Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne and University were all quite appealing.

If they are made to wear an alternative strip in away games, then the Eastern Hawks should wear that when they play away to both Adelaide and the other West team (from Perth)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users