2 replies to this topic

#1 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Vernon Banbury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

I love Rodney Eade, however I wish he would scold his players out of the media and press conferences. I thought Will Minson was terrified of making mistakes during the Brisbane game and had lost all confidence. I did not think he was too bad in our previous three games and one of the 50 metre penalties he gave away was very tiggy touchwood. Sometimes the player is moving to play on and the player briefly goes over the mark thus 50 metre penalties apply. Too harsh a penalty. Minson does not deserve to be ridiculed in the press and I know that ridicule can cause payers to become fearful of this and also of making any form of mistake, so they make more due to confidence loss. Also, Lake is always coping it and he is easily one of our best players.

#2 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:33 AM

I'm sure Eade does scold in private. A lot worse than what he did in the press conference.

I disagree on this one. If the players can't handle criticism at this level they shouldn't be there.

Lake is copping it because he's apparently not following orders. Which is dangerous for the team.

#3 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:34 AM

I would be quite sure that Rodney is quite the opposite from the new coach of North Melbourne, if it is true that Bon Scott is not one to tear strips of players.

I doubt Rodney would be backward in coming forward in letting fly with a few tirades- I imagine the language would be quite strong too. Well I sat near the coaches box one day at the Doglands and it was very audible and VERY colourful. Say no more. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users