1 reply to this topic

#1 Amelia Jane

Amelia Jane

Vernon Banbury

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:10 AM

I hate to say it, but we are one of the easybeat teams at the moment. Along with Gold Coast, Greater western Sydney, Melbourne and Port Adelaide, teams must be praying to play us as well. The draw is so unfair, imagine playing us and the 4 listed teams above twice in one season. It would be a walk-up start.

#2 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

It would be the worst team the club has had- possibly since before 1897.

Club won less games in 1981 and 1982, plus a few other years, but that Royce Hart era did have some mighty players- Kelvin Templeton, Doug Hawkins, Jim Edmond, Geoff Jennings, Ian Dunstan.

The 1967 wooden spooners had Teddy Whitten, John Schultz and Ian Bryant,

This 2012 team doesn't have any champions like the above mentioned. I am not having a go at the current players for this, it is just the way it is.

I am not going to be over critical about Paul's 5th cousin, because he really doesn't have much to work with. What if Brendan got the Khyber, then following him the next bloke had no success, what do we do then- sack him as well?

We could all be pretty confident that Peter Rohde and Paul's 5th cousin would probably be the lowest paid coaches in recent years. They would be at the exact other end of the salary scale to what Mick Malthouse was on when he was at the Eastern Magpies.

Just remember who appointed Brendan? Paul's 5th cousin has been in for less than a full season. The bloke who appointed Brendan (as well as appointing and dispensing with both Peter Rohde and Rodney Eade) has been in for 16 seasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users