3 replies to this topic

#1 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:41 PM

Another drawn game and this time I am quite accepting of it.

Through my totally subjective Footscray mind, just about all our draws/ties ( the distinction is made here between draws and ties- today was a draw, when both teams score the same in goals, behinds and total points- that in FNWB is a tie) are like losses

ie

Carlton- Home 1989
Sydney- Home 1991
Collingwood- Waverley 1995
Hawthorn- Home 1996
West Coast - Perth 2004

They were shattering especially the Hawthorn game in 1996

Yet today was a good draw- better feeling for us at the final siren than it was for the Eastern Tigers.

#2 Lisbon

Lisbon

Joe Marmo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:14 AM

That's the funny thing about draws. You can never know whether you'll end up happy or depressed because of them. I hope this result ends up helping the team, reminding them there's still much to be done this season.

#3 DMcG

DMcG

William 'Ching' Harris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:58 AM

Can't say I'm happy with it, not only because I always enjoy thumping the knuckle-draggers,

but by the way Richmond played, keepings off, blatant flooding, not even attempting to look like playing positive football.

An embarrassment to our great game. We have superior strength and skills and couldn't shut them down.

I didn't think I could ever be more disappointed in Terry Wallace but he keeps upping the ante.

Nathan Brown - 14 kicks, 5 handballs, 0 soul.

#4 Caveman

Caveman

Arthur Olliver

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:45 PM

Well if you were told before the match by somene with a very reliable crystal ball, that it would end up as a draw and that we would have the more scoring shots then you would be disappointed.

However when 19 points behind and the last 19 points are scored by us- I believe that they would be more upset than us to only take home 2 points rather than the 4 points.

The Eastern Tigers can only blame themselves, the deliberately conceded behind, the defensive chipping it around, when they should have kept going- well they dug their own grave.

Not perfect for us, but a tolerable result in the end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users